This branch of the KARBACH family originated in Prussia. Family records indicate
that Friedrich David KARBACH was born in Sieden Bollenstin, Pomerania,
Prussia. "David" brought his family to Texas in 1846 on the Johann Dethardt.
They traveled to New Braunfels, in Comal County, Texas; and settled there.
The children all have lengthy names. They were called by the name that
preceeds the surname or a nickname based on that name.
David KARBACH's first wife was Mine HAGEMEISTER. They had 5 children
- Anna Carolina KARBACH (1825) m. Jacob BRECHER
- Mine Sophia Fredericka KARBACH (1828 - 1908) m.
- John Karl KARBACH (1829 - 1846)
- Johann Friedrich Ludwig KARBACH (1832 - 1832)
- Ernst Carl Christoph KARBACH (1833 - 1833)
David KARBACH's second wife was Maria Carolina MEWE, who was known
as "Carolina". David and Carolina had 8 children together:
- Louisa Mine Friedericka KARBACH (1835 - 1916) m.
- John Carl Friedrich KARBACH (1837 - 1910) m.
Emilie Josepha ERCK
- Fredericka Dorthea KARBACH (1839 - 1846) She died on the voyage to
Texas and was buried at sea.
- John August Friedrich KARBACH (1841 - 1930) m.
- Karl William KARBACH (1843 - 1924) m.
- August William KARBACH (1845 - 1846)
- Sophia KARBACH (1848 - 1928) m1. Ludwig ERCK,
m2. Ulrich STEINER
- Emilie KARBACH (1851 - 1933) m.