John RABE was born in 1843 in Prussia, Germany and came to America as a
young boy, settling in Texas. Augusta PFEIL, his first wife,
was the mother of his eight children. Six of these children raised families
of their own.
John RABE served with the Confederate Army during the Civil War in
Creuzbaur's Light Artillery Company. Some of his service was other than combat.
He spent over 2 months working in the hospital at Fort Brown, Texas, and several
months at the hospital at Ringgold Barracks, Texas. The company returns for
June and July, 1864 state that he was on detached service "herding horses in
John RABE was a methodist minister. He died in 1925 at the age of 82.
John RABE and Augusta PFEIL had the following children:
- William RABY, b. 1868, m. Martha LAST-NAME-UNKNOWN
- Benjamin RABY, b. 1868, m. Rosa SPATZ
- John RABY, b. 1871, m. Glendora BROWN
- Julius RABY, b. 1872
- Emma RABY, b. 1875, m. Frank KRUMHOLZ
- Julia RABY, b. 1878
- Charles RABY, b. 1880, m. Martha KARBACH
- Cornelius RABY, b.1881, m. Elizabeth FARLEY
Is this your family? More information is available. E-mail Leslie at
the link below and lets trade data!
Return to the main page of Leslie's Family Treehouse.
This page last updated 2 February 2004.